Philosophy of our 1:1 Initiative
- As a district, we have embarked on a journey to enhance our inquiry-based environment so that students can create their own solutions, improve research skills, and form their own opinions through the use of technology.
- Our plan is to provide our students with an environment in which they can develop and demonstrate critical thinking skills, creativity, collaboration, and communication.
- The single greatest skill for our students in the future is adaptability.
What does a 1:1 model provide?
- An opportunity for students to demonstrate critical thinking skills and exhibit creativity
- Presents a better opportunity to differentiate (individualize) learning
- Demonstration of mastery of content in a variety of creative ways
- Increased collaboration and contact time with the teacher and other students
- Increased student engagement
- The opportunity for distance learning
- 24/7 access to technology without the need to go somewhere else
- Affords the opportunity for teachers and students to try new approaches and take education risks in order to grow as learners and professionals
- Every Timberlane student will receive a Chromebook to use in all classes, as well as to take home.
- Our mission is to continue to implement pedagogy to enhance inquiry-based learning, using technology as a tool.
- For our learning community, it about about the learning...not the device.