Working Papers 

An employment certificate – also known as 'working papers' – is required for all students under the age of 18 who work in New Jersey. With rare exceptions, minors must be at least 14 years old to work. Forms can be obtained at Central High School's counseling services office or the district registrar's office (address below). Completed forms must be returned to the registrar's office. Office hours are weekdays, 8 am - 4 pm. The office is closed from 12:00 - 1:00 pm. Please call 609 737 4002 ext:2306 for an appointment. 

NJ Employment Certificate Application

Information about Employment Certificates from the NJ Department of Labor

Instructions for Completion

For HVRSD Students:

Section A: Student should complete and parent/guardian signs and dates AFTER Employers Section B is completed.

Section B: Employer completes.

Section C: A physician signature is required on the first working paper for each student.

However, if the student has a physical on record at their high school, the school nurse may sign.

The Registrar/Issuing Officer can fill in this section if the student has a previous working paper on file.

Section D: The Registrar has proof of age on file; no birth certificate or passport is required.

Sections E/F: Student needs to sign and date the bottom of the form before issuance. The Registrar/Issuing Officer will complete this section.

For Out-of-District or Private School Students:

As above, though proof of age (birth certificate or passport) is required and your School Representative must sign (School Representative signature is not required for a summer job).

Hopewell Valley Regional School District
Registrar's Office
425 S. Main Street
Pennington, NJ 08534
609.737.4000 x2306