The Memorial Day weekend is traditionally the unofficial start of summer and in education, it signifies the need to prepare for the end of the school year.
As we enter the final month of the 2020-21 school year, I sincerely appreciate everything our school community has done to get us to this point. This year has underscored the importance of a strong school and family partnership.
I would like to share a few reminders with you as we enter into the last phase of the school year:
- Schools and Offices will be closed on Monday, May 31, in observance of Memorial Day - In addition to honoring those lost while protecting and serving our country, please take time to also recognize the efforts of our health care workers, law enforcement, and first responders.
- Traveling? Schools are still required to follow the New Jersey Department of Health Travel Guideline for Schools which indicates we must follow the CDC guidance for domestic and international travel and post-travel quarantining. Please reach out to your school nurse with any questions.
- The last day of school for all grades and programs will be Thursday, June 17 - CHS Commencement will take place on June 17. June 16 and 17 will be early dismissal days.
- End-of-the-Year Events - We are moving forward with our end-of-the-year events. Your school principal will share any necessary guidelines and/updates for our school-based end-of-the-year events and activities that showcase the work and talents of our students.
- End-of-the-Year Surveys - Our annual School Climate survey will be distributed online over the next two weeks. Your feedback is very important to us and every response is read; please share your experiences with HVRSD.
- District News - To stay up to date with the most recent district information, use these methods:
- Help us communicate better - Take our two-minute website survey. This summer we will be reformatting our district and school websites to be more user-friendly. As part of this process, we are asking for your input on why you access our website here.
Have a safe and enjoyable remainder of the school year.