We have been informed that one student at CHS and one student at Timberlane Middle School have tested positive for COVID-19. The CHS student most recently attended classes on March 1 and the TMS student was not in school during their contagious period. Contact Tracing has been completed and any close contacts have been identified and are quarantining.
Our contract tracing indicates that our cases continue to originate from social contacts outside of school. As the weather improves please remain vigilant in adhering to social distancing guidelines.
Please Note: in situations in which district screening protocols are not followed, students may be removed from hybrid instruction or from athletic and extra-curricular activities, in order to ensure the safety of the rest of the school community.
If you are self-quarantining, have tested positive, or self-diagnosing without a test, please contact your school nurse so that we can track the potential impact in our schools. All information is confidential.
Please help protect all of us by monitoring your family members for symptoms. Students and staff should stay home if:
- They have tested positive (viral test) for COVID-19.
- They are awaiting test results (even if there has been a negative rapid test).
- Someone in your household is being tested for COVID-19 due to illness or has COVID-like symptoms (they may return if test results are negative).
- They are exhibiting any COVID-19 compatible symptoms
- Close contact has occurred with a person with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Potential exposure to a person with COVID-19 has occurred
- They have traveled to an area with high levels of COVID-19 transmission in the past 14 days.
We appreciate your support and cooperation. You can assist us by remaining vigilant in your approach to dealing with this health concern.