We have been informed that a staff member at Timberlane Middle School (last day in school was 1/20), a student at CHS (last day in school was 1/22 and part of the same winter sports team), and a fully remote student at Stony Brook have tested positive for COVID-19. Contact tracing has been completed and all individuals have been notified and are quarantining. TMS and CHS were thoroughly cleaned over the weekend.
We appreciate that these individuals alerted us to the positive test. If you are self-quarantining, have tested positive, or self-diagnosing without a test, please contact your school nurse so that we can track the potential impact in our schools. All information is confidential.
Please help protect all of us by monitoring your family members for symptoms. Students and staff should stay home if they have:
- Tested positive (viral test) for COVID-19.
- Awaiting test results (even if there has been a negative rapid test).
- If someone in your household is being tested for COVID-19 due to illness or has COVID-like symptoms (they may return if test results are negative).
- Exhibiting any COVID-19 compatible symptoms
- Close contact with a person with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Potential exposure to a person with COVID-19
- Traveled to an area with high levels of COVID-19 transmission in the past 14 days.
We appreciate your support and cooperation. You can assist us by remaining vigilant, but sensible, in your approach to dealing with this health concern.