Dear HVRSD Families:
This morning we were informed that a student at Timberlane Middle School and a student a Stony Brook tested positive for COVID-19. The last time the students were in school was Tuesday, November 24 and we do not believe either student was infectious while they were in the building. We appreciate that these families followed our district protocols and alerted us to their positive tests.
As with our most recent cases, contact tracing has been completed and it has been determined that the contacts occurred outside of school. We are sending this notification in an effort to make sure everyone is aware of the status of cases in our school community. If you are self-quarantining, have tested positive, or self-diagnosing without a test, please contact your school nurse so that we can track the potential impact in our schools. All information is confidential.
Please help protect all of us by monitoring your family members for symptoms. Students and staff should stay home if they have:
- Tested positive (viral test) for COVID-19.
- Awaiting test results (even if there has been a negative rapid test).
- If someone in your household is being tested for COVID-19 due to illness or has COVID like symptoms (they may return if test results are negative).
- Exhibiting any COVID-19 compatible symptoms
- Close contact with a person with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Potential exposure to a person with COVID-19
- Travelled to an area with high levels of COVID-19 transmission in the past 14 days:
- NJ travel advisory list
- International travel advisory
We appreciate your support and cooperation. You can assist us by remaining vigilant, but sensible, in your approach to dealing with this health concern.