Course selection for the 2018-2019 academic year begins February 23, 2018 and ends March 2, 2018.
Each year at the start of the second semester, students in grades 8-11 use OnCourse Connect to request high school courses to be taken in the upcoming school year. Placement in academic courses are based on a student meeting the eligibility requirements for the course.
The steps in the course selection process are as follows:
- Teachers enter academic courses for which students are eligible.
- Students enter 4 electives that they would be happy taking.
- Counselors will make appointments with all students to discuss an overall program plan, including appropriate modifications to course requests for the upcoming school year.
- Final administrative approval for course placements is determined based on student performance in courses at the end of the third quarter and fourth quarter. Students are always informed individually about any changes in placement.
- If you decide to change an elective request AFTER meeting with your counselor, you must contact your counselor to make the change; do NOT make the change through OnCourse Connect.
- Student requests for changes in electives will not be accepted after April 27, 2018.
Ready to Select Your Electives?
STEP 1: Watch this Video:
STEP 2: View the course descriptions and prerequisites for all classes in the Program of Studies:
Class of 2022 CHS Program Planning:
The window for course appeals opens April 20, 2018 and closes June 4, 2018.