Family Connection is HVCHS's preferred management tool for your online college search and application tasks. Family Connection provides actual data on recent HVCHS graduates, and it provides you and your family opportunities to interact with counselors in productive ways. Your school counselor will use this program exclusively to track your college-related activities. We strongly encourage you and your family to use this tool. See your school counselor if you have problems logging in to Family Connection.
Please review the College Application Process for Seniors for important steps you must follow when applying to college.
College planning information sessions will be available for viewing through several outlets:
- Online via the HV-TV link; once on the HV-TV page, select Live & On Demand and look for the Counseling Services playlist.
- Online via the counseling services Videos page
PLEASE CLICK A TOPIC HEADING TO VIEW AVAILABLE PRESENTATIONS, VIDEOS, AND RESOURCES.
For Learning Disabled and Special Needs Students
- AHEAD (Association on Higher Education and Disability): Parent FAQ
- AHEAD (Association on Higher Education and Disability): Student FAQ
- US Dept of Education: Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education
- LD Online: College & College Prep
- Colleges with Programs for Learning Disabled Students (NOT an exhaustive list)
- Learning Disability Webpage
- Think College!
- Getting Ready for College
- CollegeBoard: Services for Students with Disabilities
- ACT: Services for Students with Disabilities